Tuesday, May 12, 2015

They Should Brew How They Bake...



Flour Bakery & Café
131 Clarendon Street
Boston, MA 02116

When we were up at my brother's graduation in Boston, we were looking for great coffee places in Boston like we have in Philly, but we never really found them. I think Philly has just spoiled me with all of their delicious choices. Anyway, every morning we were there we tried a different coffee shop, and the morning we were leaving, we walked over to the Flour Bakery Cafe for coffee and breakfast. 




The selection of pastries they had was spectacular. It made it really difficult on us to choose, but we wound up ordering a sticky bun and a cheddar cheese scone to share in addition to two coffees. The coffee was definitely the best we found on the trip. Was it my favorite anywhere, no, definitely not. It was a very solid effort though. The items that shined for me were the pastries. We went with one savory and one sweet, as we usually do, and it was a great strategy. The cheddar cheese scone was salty and crumbly, a really great bite to contrast the super sweet sticky bun. It may have been super sweet, but it was fantastically delicious. It had a thick caramel topping and then was doused with crunch walnuts. Had it been served warm, it would have been out of this world. 




Three stars for Flour Bakery and Cafe. Two for the coffee and four for the food.  The coffee was simply meh. I've definitely had better. It wasn't real strong or flavorful, but maybe I ordered the wrong thing. Who knows. Regardless, this place is worth a visit if only for the pastries. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers