Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Another Bomb Diner...


Silver Coin Diner and Restaurant
Rt. 30 and Rt. 206
Hammonton, NJ 08037

A few days after my previous inventory count experience with work, I found myself again going out to a client for yet another inventory count. This time we were outside, and it was pretty cold out, so I was freezing and very hungry by the time we were ready to have lunch and head back to the office. My coworker and I headed to the Silver Coin Diner for lunch together before we went back into the office.



I had wanted to try the place since I began working a few days a week in Hammonton for my firm. It is right down the street from my office, and diners always catch my interest, so naturally I wanted to try it. We sat down and began looking through the menu. I flipped to the specials page and decided I wanted to try the turkey salad sandwich on rye with fries. Little did I know I also got a cup of soup with it (chicken noodle) and a bowl of strawberry jell-o with whipped cream on it, all for $6.58. Super cheap! 



The soup came out first, piping hot. The broth was full of flavor, and the chunks of chicken and vegetables were only enhanced by the dousing of pepper I gave it. I cleaned the cup just in time for my sandwich to come out.



I thought this was one of the best club sandwiches I have tasted. The bacon was super crispy. The rye bread was crunchy, but not to the point that it cracked and crumbled with every bite. The turkey salad again wasn’t to as rustic as I would have liked, but it still let the turkey flavor shine through, and was creamy and delicious. The fries were piping hot as well, the perfect accompaniment to a great sandwich.

I am hoping to frequent the Silver Coin diner over my time spent working in Hammonton. The food was fantastic, and I really would love to go back and try a few other things. You should do the same and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers