Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Noodle Fun...



Sangkee Noodle House
1601 North Kings Highway
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

Since our favorite sushi spot and weekly lunch place closed a few months ago (we miss you Nagoya!), my friend and I from work had to start going to different places when we went out to eat during the week. One of the places that we wound up going to is called the Sang Kee Noodle House in Cherry Hill. I had never been and had wanted to try it since it opened a few year ago.

When we sat down I quickly noticed that they offered a pretty great lunch special that I set my eyes on. You are offered choices in 3 different categories for a total of $8.50. I wound up choosing the chicken spring roll, the kung pao shrimp and the lo mein noodles.

I was taking a risk because I had never ordered anything kung pao style before, so I didn’t really know what it entailed. All three of the items came out together, so it was very visually appealing. I dug into the spring roll first and was extremely pleased with it. It was very delicious. It had a very crispy exterior, and the chicken and vegetables inside of it were tender and flavorful.



The kung pao shrimp was really a nice treat for me. I enjoyed the flavor of the sauce, and I absolutely loved the peanuts added to it. The vegetables were crisp and the shrimp were super tender. The lo mein noodles were a great accompaniment to the delicious shrimp. I had never had lo mein noodles in this style before, but I have to say I think I prefer them this way. They were a bit drier than usual, and they were much smaller, but they still had that typical salty lo mein flavor.



Two and a half pints for the Sang Kee Noodle House. I like it, but it probably won't blow you away. It is very good food, so it is definitely worth a try. The portion size was great for lunch, and the price point was perfect too, so I will definitely be returning to Sang Kee Noodle House sometime soon. They have great options to choose from, and the food seems very authentic, and much better than the average Chinese restaurant. Go ahead and try it and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers