Monday, March 11, 2013

Pho No...



Pho So

2442 Route 38  
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

 
A friend of mine at work took me to another pho place in our area because she told me that it was better than the place that I usually went to get my pho fix. She took me to Pho So on route 38 in Cherry Hill. She goes there quite often, so the owner knows her, and he immediately asked who I was because I hadn’t been there with her before. I ordered the flank and brisket pho as I usually do at Vietnamese restaurants, and I sat back and waited to see if she was right.



She had ordered spring rolls but only ate half of them so I of course jumped in and helped her out. They were very tasty, with a really crispy exterior and fresh veggies inside. I put a little sriracha in the sweet dipping sauce and it really kicked it up a level.

When my pho came out I dug right in after dressing it up how I usually do; jalapeno slices, bean sprouts, Thai basil, lime juice, and sriracha sauce. It looked pretty good, but the brisket was a bit fattier than I had gotten at most other places I had eaten pho at. I also didn’t find the broth as flavorful as I had at other places, but it definitely wasn’t bad by any means. It was still piping hot as it usually is, and the noodles and beef were tender and delicious. 



Two pints for Pho So. Good price point and good service really saved them here. The flavor offered up by the pho wasnt quite as good as I expected it to be. There are definitely better places to get pho in the Cherry Hill area, such as Pho Garden or Pho Barclay. I would recommend one of them over Pho So. I really enjoy eating pho. It is something so magical to eat, and I am so glad that I got exposed to it. I eat it every chance that I get, and I will continue trying new places so I can find out which one in my mind has the best pho around. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers