Thursday, September 5, 2013

A First Class Experience...



Flying First Class on American Airlines

I was extremely blessed to accompany my girlfriend and her family on a trip to Asia last November. We started our trip on a 13-hour plane ride to Beijing from Chicago, and that flight was long! I was so excited to go on this trip that I was like a kid in a candy shop the entire flight. I will summarize the eating experiences I had in each country in the next few entries, but I did not want to review 50 different meals that I had there because it would get boring for you all out there. So I will do my best to keep it concise and enticing and I hope you all enjoy, but before I get started I just wanted to write a quick bit about the food on the flight.





I had never flown first class in my life before, and after flying that way this time, I know that there is no other way to fly. My girlfriend's dad bought our tickets with frequent flyer miles. That is the only way I could have afforded the ticket, and probably the last time I will ever fly first class. Haha. But from the moment that I set foot in the first class cabin, I felt like a king. Humongous seating areas, with seats that fold down into many different positions with footrests, pajamas, slippers, noise cancelling headphones, and so much food!





Champagne, all the alcohol you can drink, two five-course meals, with a two snacks in between… it seriously was ridiculous. And this wasn’t just airplane food. This was food that you can get in a sit-down restaurant.  Sam Choy, Maneet Chauhan, Cindy Hutson, Richard Sandoval, and Marcus Samuelsson all are on the list of culinary experts that design the food dishes being served on the plane. It was insane to say the least. Everyone should fly this way once in their lifetimes, but make sure its on a long flight, because it makes it that much more worth it. You don’t fly like that in first class on a domestic flight, but overseas is a whole other ball game. I can’t even imagine what it is like flying on a 5 star airline this way because American is only a 3 star airline and I felt like royalty! Save up and splurge and I promise you wont regret it! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers