Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Little Too Loosey Goosey...


Sorry for the recent hiatus in posting. I know it has been a while and spotty at best, but I was traveling for a while, and I've been getting settled into my new place so I have been really busy. Rule #76 no excuses play like a champion. I know. I will be better I promise. Without further ado...

Goose Island Brewery
Chicago O'Hare

One of the favorite breweries that I have come to enjoy beers from in the past few years is a brewery called Goose Island. Last year I took a trip to Asia with my girlfriend and her parents, and we had to fly to Chicago to catch our connecting flight to Beijing. I didn’t know where the Goose Island Brewery was located prior to going to Chicago, but now I know that it is Chicago based. They had an outpost in the O'Hare airport, so my girlfriend and I went there while we were on our layover.

I was really excited both because I was about to fly to Asia for two and a half weeks, and also because Goose Island beers are fantastic. We were seated rather quickly, and introduced to our extremely rough and rude waitress. She was really tough to deal with because she was so rude and didn’t pay us any attention, but we ordered a round of beers and some chicken tenders and French fries. I was shocked to hear that my girlfriend was in the mood for chicken. She really doesn’t like it most of the time, so I took advantage of a rare occasion and we ordered some to split. 



The longer we sat there the more disenchanted with the place I became. They were out of like five or six of the eight beers that they had. I don’t understand how a place that is known for its beer and has brewery in its name can be out of more than half of the beers that they list on the menu. I was really disappointed by this.

When the food came out I was a little bit happier. They were pretty run of the mill chicken tenders, but had good seasoning, even though they were pretty tiny. The fries were really the star of the show here. They were really nice and crunchy on the outside, but still moist and fluffy on the inside. The meal probably would have been a total loss if it wasn’t for the fries.



Half a pint for the Chicago O'Hare outpost of the Goose Island Brewpub. Whenever I go to Chicago for a trip and actually leave the airport, I look forward to trying the Goose Island Brewpubs outside of the airport to see if they are any better. I was really disappointed by the lack of beers they had, the service was terrible, and the food was pretty mediocre. Stay away from the O'Hare location as there are tons of great options from celebrity chefs like Rick Bayless and Wolfgang Puck in the airport that you can grub out on. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers