Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mexican Fiesta...



Mexican Food Factory
601 West Route 70
Marlton, NJ 08053

One of my supervisors at my former job and I spent a week out a client in Marlton once a quarter. We used to hit up a lot of the same spots, most of which I had reviewed on this blog in the past. One place we hadn’t ever been and actually forget about a lot of the time when deciding where to go for lunch is the Mexican Food Factory. We shot over there one day when I suggested it. It was my first time ever being there, and it seemed pretty legit. It has been in the same spot for as long as I can remember, so I figured it must be pretty good.



They brought us out some chips and salsas, two different kinds to be exact, while we perused the menu. I was as always in the mood for some tacos, and the carne asada tacos caught my eye. I hadn’t had steak in a while and I love me some carne asada, so I figured it would be a nice treat. We devoured the chips and salsa. They were delicious, clearly made fresh in house. The salsas were pretty tasty as well. One was more of a pico de gallo than a salsa in my opinion, but it was flavorful nonetheless. I prefer my salsas pureed a bit more. Chunks are always ok, but they have to be a little bit blended for my preference.



When our order arrived I was pretty impressed. The tacos were served as they traditionally should be, doubled up corn tortillas and topped only with cilantro and onion, and garnished with a lime wedge. The steak was cooked well, but I wish it had a bit more char to it. I am a freak for texture, especially when it comes to tacos, so for me they were a tad bit too one note with the textures. The flavor was very good though; hitting all the points I wanted it to. The herbaciousness of the cilantro, the acidity of the lime juice, the bite of the onion, the heat from the sauce, and the richness from the beef provided for an excellent taco. As you all know my now, I also love refried beans. Actually I love beans of all sorts, which I can attribute to dating a Latin woman, because I never really ate them before her. These particular refried beans were very nice. They were very smooth and deeply rich and creamy.





Two and a half pints for the Mexican Food Factory. I will definitely be returning, as there were a few items on the menu that really caught my eye. As I have mentioned before, I am currently obsessed with Mexican food, especially tacos and sopes, so anytime I can get them I do. Check it out when you get a chance and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers