Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hot Sauce and Brew Doggers...



Hop Sauce Festival

I am not sure if they could come up with a better combination of things to offer a festival for than they did last year for the Hop Sauce Festival in LBI on Memorial Day weekend. Tons of hot sauces, tons of local beers, good food and a hot sunny day made this a perfect little festival. They also had all kinds of vendors and things to buy set up as well, so it was fun for all ages and types of people.




Most places had hot sauces to sample on different items, as well as food offerings from certain places, my favorite of which was the fish taco from El Swell, a newly opened fish taco place from the same owners and one of my other LBI favorites, Howard's. The taco was filled with just the right amount of fish and topped with a flavorful slaw. The fish was battered lightly, and the batter didn’t come off the fish at all when it was bitten. Adding a little lime and hot sauce made for a tasty taco experience.



I found quite a few new beers that I enjoyed that day as well. I was amazed at how many local breweries were there and how good some of the beers that they were offering were. Kone became my new favorite, with their head high IPA, deliciously hoppy and strong, they really packed a wallop.



This is a really fun and different event than I have been to before. Unfortunately I missed it this year as I was getting married, but I will definitely be going back next year. Check it out, its not one to miss! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers