Thursday, February 3, 2011

Forget the Yellow Brick Road...This is the Redstone Grill

Redstone American Grill
500 Rt. 73 South
Marlton, NJ 08053

I had to work this Saturday because it is tax season, so I was not really expecting to be going out to dinner. However when I got home, my aunt informed me that my family was going out to Redstone American Grill in Marlton. Immediately I was filled with excitement.

Redstone is a restaurant that has locations spread throughout the country. They offer American grill type food and make everything really well. I have been a couple times before and I have yet to have a bad meal there.

When you walk in the front door, you immediately walk into the bar area. The rest of the restaurant is circled around the bar which I always find to be a good set-up for a restaurant/bar. They also have an outdoor bar, but obviously since it was 20 degrees on a Saturday night in January, was not open. Redstone is also cool because it has an open kitchen and a large open fire with spits of chicken, steak and ribs rotating throughout. 

It took us an hour to get seated (I wouldn’t recommend going on a Saturday night without reservations), but once we got seated the experience was great as per usual. They had added a few things to the menu since the last time I was there. I happened to order one of them and the table ordered another. I ordered a Caesar salad to start and my main course was an apple cider glazed pork chop with maple glazed vegetables and mac and cheese that was recently added to the menu. For the table we ordered the original flatbread, and the new buffalo shrimp flatbread.

The Caesar salad came out first and it was very delicious. The dressing was creamy and flavorful, and the lettuce was very crisp. The croutons that were served with it were not crunch enough for my liking; I really could have done without them completely. Something I did love however was the pamesan crisp that was served with the salad. It was a great bit of crunchy, salty goodness that I enjoyed with as many bites of my salad as I could.

I was very excited to try the flatbread. As I have said before, I love buffalo style anything, and knowing how good the flatbreads are at Redstone, I was very intrigued to try their newest one. Luckily I was not disappointed. The original flatbread was delicious. It had basil pesto, oven roasted tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil on it. It was a truly fantastic flatbread; better than most pizzas that I have had. The buffalo shrimp flatbread was exactly the same except that they added shrimp covered in buffalo sauce to the top. The sauce added the perfect amount of acid to the flatbread and the shrimp was tender as well as flavorful.

I was really looking forward to my main course because apple and pork is a match made in heaven. I am always reminded of a line from a Brady Bunch episode when I have dishes with pork and apples together; “Pork chops and applesauce,” said with a lisp. When our entrees came out, I was so very happy. The pork chop was huge! It was bigger than many steaks I have had in my day. It looked astonishing. The grill marks on the outside were perfectly formed and the apple cider reduction that it was smothered in was to die for. The crispiness of the outside crust on the pork was incredible and the pork was melt in my mouth delicious. I sopped up every bit of the apple cider reduction with my pork because they complemented each other so very well.

The maple glazed vegetables were very delicious as well. I did not know that maple would pair so well with roasted vegetables, but they were perfect. Finally, I tried the mac and cheese. It was creamy, rich, and tasty. It was served in a small cast iron serving dish, and the top layer was crispy, while the layers underneath were still melted and soft.

Redstone leaves me feeling satisfied every time that I go there. I did not order dessert this time, but their key lime pie is huge and extremely delicious, and their cookie sundae is even better. Redstone does everything right and the atmosphere is really my kind of place. The bar is great, the food is better, and the service is always pretty good. If you like good food, get to Redstone as soon as you can. There are not too many places that do things better than Redstone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers