Thursday, March 17, 2011

Easily Forgotten...

Kaminskis
1424 Brace Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

I know that it has been a very long time since I last posted, and I really do apologize for that. I will be much better from here on out about staying on top of my reviews, and if you read this blog regularly...stay tuned. I will be posting quite a few posts over the next few weeks and I will also be adding pictures do to the few comments that I have gotten about ways to improve my blog. I can only hope that you all will still find this as good a read as you did before. Cheers!

A few Saturdays ago, I went out to lunch with some co-workers because I needed to get out of the office for a bit. Working Saturdays is a drag when you are used to not having to, but luckily I only have to work about 9 Saturdays a year. We ventured out to Kaminskis bar and grill for lunch which is right around the corner from where I work.

The bar is a cross between a sports bar and a popular local hang out. There was a few people sitting at the bar, but we were one of the few tables that were in there eating lunch. They had a deal for $8.95 that included a cup of soup and a sandwich, so I ordered a cup of New England clam chowder and a pastrami sandwich.

Our service was very good, but I cannot really say that the food was as good as the service. The clam chowder came out first, and it wasn’t anything to write home about. The broth was pretty good, a little thin for my liking, but the taste was there. There weren’t enough clams in the chowder, and the potatoes that are usually perfect in clam chowder were not quite so perfect this time around. They were huge chunks of potatoes, which would have been fine if they were not boiling hot and so bland in flavor. They took up most of the room in the bowl, and they left me wanting much more.

I did not have very high hopes for the pastrami sandwich that I had ordered after the experience that I had with the clam chowder, and the sandwich did nothing to change my thoughts. The pastrami itself was pretty good, but the bread was soaked in butter which made it soft instead of crunchy like it should have been since it was toasted. The fries were pretty good, but the sandwich really missed the mark.

I usually give a restaurant another chance before I completely write it off, and I will do that with Kaminskis. This experience was not good, but I know that even the best restaurants have bad days. For now I will not give an opinion, and if I change my mind, I will let you all know through another post.

I can add a little addition to this post now since it has been so long since I wrote it. I have returned to Kaminskis twice since I wrote this post originally, once for lunch, and another time for a post corporate tax return deadline celebration. My recommendation remains the same. No food that i have had there is worth remembering, although the wings were pretty good, and the service is amazingly bad. I had a good time when I went just for beers, but definitely avoid it for a meal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers