Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Everything including the Barn Door

The Barn Door
14 Blue Rock Road
Millersville, PA 17551

On the Tuesday that I was in Lancaster, for lunch, my coworkers and I went to a place called the Barn Door about 15 minutes away from the place that we were working for the week. It actually used to be a real barn and you can see that when you go inside. You can still see the rafters and the original wood that has been restored all around the place. The restaurant had a homey feel that you can only get in small town restaurant, and I find that very inviting.

When we walked in the front door, we saw the specials board and something immediately caught my eye. They had a stuffed pepper soup available, and I was so very intrigued to see what it was like. I regret very much that I did not order it, because one of my coworkers did and it looked amazing; all the ingredients of a stuffed pepper made into a soup form! I thought that it was a very cool and unique idea.

I had ordered a cheeseburger that came with a side of chips. The chips were housemade and they were very good. They were crunchy and salty; the perfect addition to the wonderful burger. The burger itself was very flavorful as well. I had ordered my usual burger toppings of onions and pickles, and I added ketchup and yellow mustard. The condiments added to the burger, but they did not mask the flavor in any way.

I think that the Barn Door was a very cool and interesting restaurant. The menu was very diverse, and I am sure that if the rest of the items on the menu are as well done as the burger that I indulged in, my recommendation to try the Barn Door would work out well for everyone that follows it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers