Thursday, March 31, 2011

Steak Done Right

Longhorn Steakhouse
993 Plaza Boulevard
Lancaster, PA 17601

I had seen Longhorn around the ways for a long time, but I had never actually gotten around to trying it. While I was in Lancaster the lead partner on the job decided to take all of the guys that went with me for the week and the client out to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse after work one night. I was looking forward to trying it out because as I’ve said before, I am a meat and potatoes kind of guy. It was pretty late and I usually do not like eating a lot after 8 pm, so I decided to get the petite filet with crab and shrimp gratin and a Caesar salad. When I saw the shrimp and crab gratin on the menu I had to give it a try because it seemed extremely interesting.

The Caesar came out first, and it was a pretty delicious salad. The key to a good Caesar for me usually lies in the dressing. It has to be citrusy and creamy, but not too much towards either end of the spectrum. The dressing on the Caesar was pretty close to spot on and the fresh parmigianno on top was a great addition as well. The salt of the cheese adds balance and depth to the salad.

After the salad and a few Yuenglings, the steak that I had ordered finally came out. My filet came out to a perfect medium, just as I had ordered it, and it was seasoned to perfection. I added a bit of A-1 to it, but it really did not need it because it was seasoned so well. The shrimp and crab gratin was very disappointing though. The shrimp was not tender enough for me, and the cheese aspect of the gratin seemed to miss the mark. The cheese was not very flavorful and even though it was full of cheese, it really did not come out very well.

I would go back to Longhorn when in need of a good meal for a pretty favorable price. The steak is done very well, I would just have to be more careful about the side dishes I ordered. Add another place to your list via my recommendations!

P.S. Per the requests of some readers, I will begin posting pictures of dishes that I order. A few more entries will not contain pictures, but I will begin posting them soon. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers