Sunday, March 27, 2011

Steal From the Rich and Give to the Hungry

Loxley’s at the Heritage Hotel
500 Centerville Road
Lancaster, PA 17601

Last month after work on a Monday night we tried to go out to eat, but since it was Valentine’s Day, the wait time at all of the area restaurants was ridiculous, so eventually we decided to head back to the hotel and eat at the restaurant in the hotel called Loxley’s. It is themed after Robin Hood, which is cheesy but fun. We ate here every morning for breakfast, and the food was very good.

They only offered a limited menu of course because of Valentine’s Day, but they had a few very good options to choose from. I wound up choosing the 10 oz. strip steak that they were offering because they had run out of the prime rib that I wanted to order. In the mean time I ordered an Ommegang beer, which is really and truly delicious. It was a very delicious beer; it was full of flavor, and a perfect medium bodied beer that had a great shade of brown to it.

I was pretty satisfied with the meal. The only complaint that I had about it was that the steak was not cooked to medium well doneness like I had asked for. It was a bit too overcooked for my liking, but it was flavored well. I enjoyed the charred crust on the outside, but the inside was very tough. The mashed potatoes that were served with the steak were bomb! They were velvety and creamy and full of flavor. I am a steak and potatoes kind of guy, and these potatoes were very well done. The steak and potatoes were also served with broccolini and carrots on the side. The broccolini wasn’t cooked enough for me and it lacked some flavor, but the carrots were cooked to perfection.

The meal at Loxley’s was pretty good, but in all honesty the best part of the meal was the beer. If I could find it around here I would have it on tap in my house. It was really good, but if the food had lived up to the quality of the beer, I would have been a lot happier. Loxley’s is worth a visit for the décor alone, but the food is good enough for me to say to try it as well. Cheers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers