Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Final Stop on the Tour...Twice

Broadway Diner
6501 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224

The final stop on our Baltimore Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives tour was a little place called the Broadway Diner. It wasn’t supposed to be the last stop on our tour, but the place we had planned to go for lunch apparently isn’t open on Sundays so we wound up eating lunch at Broadway Diner as well. It was the first time in my life that I had eaten two meals in the same day at the same restaurant. It was really weird, but the food was so good, I really didn’t mind. We were pretty hungover when we went for breakfast with my two friends and my girlfriend, so we ordered a bunch of food and went to town on it.




I ordered corned beef hash, with two eggs overeasy, rye toast and hashbrowns. I was a bit disappointed by the corned beef hash. It looked and tasted like it was from a can, but I cant really know if that is for sure. It wasn’t what I expected, but it was alright. The eggs were great, but the toast and the homefries were the real stars of the show. The bread was clearly baked in house, and it was really tasty. The slices were gigantic, so I really only ate one, but it was some of the best rye bread I have ever eaten. The homefries were really amazing too. They were buttery and super crunchy on the outside, exactly the way that I like them. 




I also got the opportunity to try my friends’ pulled pork and deep fried mac and cheese. It sounded so delicious that I couldn’t pass up trying it. The pulled pork was fantastic. It was saucy, and cooked to tender perfection. The deep fried mac and cheese was something like I had never tasted before. I wasn’t expecting it to be nearly as good as it was. The mac and cheese didn’t dry out at all, and the breading was super duper crunchy on the outside. I wish I had ordered it for myself!





As I mentioned before, my girlfriend and I wound up going back to the Broadway Diner for lunch. This time around, as we were sitting there feeling awkward and hoping our waitress from the morning wouldn’t recognize us, I ordered the pastrami Rueben sandwich with fries for lunch.




This had to be one of the best sandwiches I have ever had. They made the bread fresh in house, and it was really toasted nicely. The pastrami was super tender and full of that pepper flavor that makes it so delicious. The sauerkraut was amazing as well. The only thing missing from the sandwich was the Russian dressing. I don’t know if they just forgot it, or if they intentionally serve it that way, but I think the creaminess and tanginess of the Russian dressing really would have kicked this sandwich up to the next level. The fries were perfect! They had to be double or even triple fried because they were crunchtastic!

The Broadway Diner was really incredible. I would go back there to eat in a heartbeat. Anyone that lives in the Baltimore area that hasn’t been needs to go as soon as possible. Everything is delicious, and there is a vast amount of variety. Get out there, try it, and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers