Thursday, February 2, 2012

3rd Stop on the Diner's Tour...

Chap’s Pit Beef
5801 Pulaski Highway #1
Baltimore, MD 21205

The next stop on our Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives tour of Baltimore was Chap’s Pit Beef. Pit beef is a signature item in Baltimore. I would liken it to a mix between bbq and roast beef. I thought it was really funny, but the place was located in the same parking lot as a gentleman’s club. It’s a little hole in the wall place that you would just drive right by if you didn’t know that it was there. Duff Goldman, the host of the show Ace of Cakes, told Guy Fieri to go there because it was the best place in Baltimore to get a pit beef sandwich. I don’t know if I got the wrong thing or not, but I didn’t think it was all that special when we went.




My girlfriend and I ordered a regular pit beef sandwich to split and an order of fries. I thought the beef sandwich was a little dry and it just reminded me of roast beef. I didn’t think it was anything to rave about, but again I might have ordered the wrong thing. There is a picture of me doing the Guy Fieri signature move below called "The Haunch". Its a maneuver designed to prevent the grease and juices from a messy sandwich from running down you elbows. The fries were really good though. I do not usually like soft fries, but they were incredibly flavorful and I really enjoyed them because they were really peppery and salty. 





I would go back to Chap’s and try something else to see if I could get a better feel for it. The food wasn’t bad; it just didn’t blow me away. It was good enough for me to say for you to give it a shot, so let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers