Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Diner's Tour Stop Two...


Blue Moon Café
1621 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21231



Probably the best meal of my entire trip to Baltimore was at Blue Moon Café. My girlfriend and I went there on Saturday morning for breakfast. My cousin had been there once and he raved about it… after eating there, I can really see why. In the episode of Diners that Blue Moon was on, they were known for their signature dish, the Cap’n Crunch French toast. It looked incredible in the episode, so we of course had to order it. We also ordered the G G’s country scramble which came with a homemade biscuit, topped with bacon, eggs, cheddar cheese and smothered with sausage gravy and served with hash browns. 




I have to say the Cap’n Crunch French toast was out of this world! The cereal on the outside crisped up and caramelized to perfection. Due to this happening, it sealed in the moisture to the bread, and it kept it incredible moist and fluffy on the inside. Each bite melted with perfectly sugary perfection. The fruit and homemade whipped cream on top were the perfect additions to each and every sweet and savory bite.



G G’s country breakfast was almost as good as the Cap’n Crunch French toast. Everything was cooked perfectly. The biscuit was light and fluffy. The eggs were amazing, and the sausage gravy really kicked it up to another level. It was creamy, peppery, and scrumptious. The hash browns were easily the best I have ever had. They were incredibly crunchy on the outside, yet velvety and soft on the inside. They were buttery, salty, and everything I look for in the perfect bites.

Blue Moon Café is an absolute must go to restaurant in my opinion. It was by far the best breakfast I have ever had. I would drive down there just for breakfast and come home that is how good it is. If you don’t believe me go try it yourself, and you will thank me later! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers