Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hidden Little Diner...

Little Pete’s Diner
219 S. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

On a Saturday morning after spending the night in Philly, my girlfriend and I were hungry when we woke up, so we set out to find a place to eat breakfast. We stumbled upon Little Pete’s Diner not too far from her apartment. She didn’t even know it was there, and neither did I, but it’s a legitimate diner in the middle of the city that you might just walk by without noticing if you didn’t know it was there.

We were seated right away, and our waitress took our order. I ordered the Spanish omelet and my girlfriend ordered the eggs Benedict. We both enjoyed a cup of coffee as we sat and talked while waiting for our food. The food came out quick, as it usually does in a diner setting, and we both dug into our meals. My omelet was good, but I didn’t like that the peppers and onions inside of it had not been cut very small. They were large chunks, and it made it pretty difficult to eat as a whole. The flavor was good however once I got the vegetables cut down a little bit, and I demolished the entire thing rather quickly. The hash browns were also very good. They were cooked perfectly, crispy on the outside and piping hot in the middle. 




My girlfriend’s eggs Benedict was a little untraditional, but it was really tasty nonetheless. It was served as more of a casserole then a regular eggs Benedict, but the flavors were fantastic. It was rich and creamy, a really delicious bit of breakfast.

Little Pete’s is a really cool little place in the city. You would never expect to find a place like that in the city, and it is definitely a pretty interesting place to visit and break from the norm. Check it out if you get the chance. You know you can never go wrong with a diner in my opinion. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers