Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Coffee Break...

The Coffee Bar
1701 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

On a Saturday morning after staying at my girlfriend’s apartment, we were hungry when we woke up and decided to find a coffee shop to grab some breakfast. I used my Urban Spoon application on my iPod to find one in the area. (If you haven’t used this application before and you like trying different places to eat you should check it out). We decided on the Coffee Bar on the corner of 17th and Locust streets. My girlfriend had been there once or twice before because it is so close to her apartment. I ordered a latte and a sausage egg and cheese on brioche, and we grabbed a couple of seats at the counter and waited for our food.

It was an interesting set up for a coffee bar; they also sell beer… weird I know. I enjoyed my latte while I waited for my sandwich, but it wasn’t anything particularly special. I guess I just like certain things when it comes to coffee and this particular latte didn’t have anything in it that wowed me. 



When the sandwich came out it was a bit thinner than I thought it would be. By that I mean that the sandwich wasn’t filled with a whole lot, but I dug in anyway because I was so hungry. The flavor of the sandwich was pretty tasty, but I was expecting more from the bread. I was expecting it be a bit crunchier, but even though it had been grilled and I could see the grill marks, it was still very soft and it was a little off-putting.

I would say you can definitely get a quick bite to eat from the Coffee Bar and be very happy with it. They had some amazing pastries in the case when I was there that I will definitely be trying the next time that I go there, so I think you should try them when you go there and let me know how they are! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers