Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Little Bit of Phily in New Jersey...

Phily Diner
31 South Black Horse Pike
Runnemede, NJ 08078

One of my buddies used to live pretty close to me, but he recently got married and moved a bit further away. In the mean time, we have been looking for places that are in the middle so we can meet up once in a while to have some beers and some laughs at. One of those places that we recently tried was called the Phily Diner. I know the spelling looks wrong, but trust me, that is how it’s spelled. We pulled up and I couldn’t really believe that I had never noticed this place or been to it before. It sticks out like a sore thumb in the neighborhood that it is in. The lights are bright, the bar is packed, and you can’t find a space to park. 



We sat down at a table and ordered some Sam Adam’s Winter Lagers since they were on special for only 2 dollars. That is the cheapest I have ever seen Sam Adams. On Tuesdays, they also have a half price appetizer special. We couldn’t resist of course, so we ordered the fried mac & cheese, honey bbq wings, and chicken nachos.



I love going to a bar and eating bar food while I have some good beer. It is one of my favorite things to do. The fried mac and cheese was pretty tasty. The cheesiness was unreal, and the crust created by the deep-frying was super crunchy. The wings were pretty good, but definitely not the best I have ever had. They were crispy, and clearly deep fried, but the sauce wasn’t really that great. I’m not turned on by wings that are sweet, I would much rather have them be spicy or salty. Lastly, the chicken nachos were on point. The chicken was really good, the sliced jalapenos added the perfect amount of spice, and the chips were crunchy as could be.



I think we may have found one of our new favorite places to hang out together. The Phily Diner is pretty cool, and they offer amazing specials for great prices. The food was really tasty, and I can’t wait to go back for some more sometime soon. Try it and let me know what you think. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers