Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Burgers Iron Chef Style...

Bobby Flay’s Burger Palace
2000 Route 38
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

This past year I did most of my holiday shopping online. I do however love to go to the mall during Christmas time if only just once, because it really makes me feel like its Christmas time. This past year it took me a while to find a parking spot at the Cherry Hill mall, but once I got a spot I walked on over to Bobby Flay’s Burger Palace which had recently opened. I had been to the one in Philly before, but that was previous to me beginning my blogging experience. 



This particular visit was longer than I had hoped. Sorry Bobby, you know you are my boy, but the people that you have running this place need a little help. I don’t know much about the restaurant business, but when the order machine in the back stops printing tickets, they should be printing them out up front and handing them into the back instead of making people wait in line for over a half an hour and not taking any orders at all. That is the drawback of technology; when it fails people forget how things were done before the technology existed. That being said, I eventually got to order my meal, a Miami burger… “crunchified” (you can put potato chips on top of any sandwich), beer battered onion rings, and a coffee milk shake, and grabbed a seat at the nearby counter.



The milkshake was the first out, and I was quite impressed with it. It was wonderfully creamy, and the coffee flavor was right on the tip of my tongue with each and every bite. It also looked like there was either coffee bean bits or small chocolate chips inside of the milkshake that added a bit of texture to it. 



After sucking down almost all of the milkshake, the rest of my meal came out and it was bangin’! The Miami burger is basically a Cuban sandwich with a burger patty in the middle. The burger was topped with ham and Swiss cheese, as well as pickles and horseradish mustard. The bun was a sesame seed bun, and the entire sandwich was put into the panini press to give it that real Cuban sandwich feel. It was unbelievably juicy, and each and every bite had so much flavor. You could taste each of the elements on its own in each bite, but they all melded together to leave me wanting more and more. This was definitely one of the better burgers I have had, especially for the price that I paid for it.



The onion rings were crispy fried deliciousness. The order came with 4 huge onion rings, all super duper crispy. There are 5 sauces, all probably made in house, in squirt bottles in front of every eating area. I mixed the ketchup and the jalapeno sauce together to make a sweet and spicy dipping sauce for my onion rings. I couldn’t get enough, and I was pretty disappointed when I ran out of them.

Bobby Flay’s Burger Palace is a pretty cool place to visit. It’s a great place to grab a burger that is worth the money you pay for it, and they offer all kinds of different things. You can “crunchify” any burger, turn any burger into a turkey or chicken burger, and the menu offers a great variety of items. Definitely get out there and try it and let me know what you think. Don’t forget to “crunchify” it! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers