Monday, July 9, 2012

Brunch Let Down...

The Bayberry Inn
1302 Long Beach Boulevard
Ship Bottom, NJ 08808

Sorry for the week long hiatus. My cousin was getting married. I will be back a few times this week. Cheers!

On a Sunday morning a few months ago, my family and I went to mass, and then we decided to head down to LBI to check out our house because it was decorated for Christmas. Our plan was to go down and check out the decorations, and then have brunch together somewhere. The problem is that after Labor Day weekend, there are not too many places open to enjoy brunch at. My aunt picked a place none of us had ever heard of before called the Bayberry Inn, so we all met there for a champagne brunch.

From the minute we stepped inside, I was a little bit weary. The decoration inside was dated, and because I had spent so much time in LBI and never heard of the place, I was even that much more uneasy about it. The meal started with teeny, tiny glasses of champagne. It was free so I gave them a pass on that. Our waitress was an absolute airhead. She was hardly ever around, didn’t listen when we asked for things, and took far too long bringing the check, clearing the table, etc. 



When we went up to the buffet, we were all pretty disappointed. I was quite hungry, and the food looked like it had been sitting out all day. There was barely any food left, and when we asked they said no more would be coming out. I thought that was really poor of them to say, but after tasting the food I cant say that I would have enjoyed them bringing out more of it. Everything tasted cheap. Nothing was cooked well, and everything was under seasoned. It was a pretty bad experience from start to finish. 



To top off the horrible experience that we were having, the bill came and it was ridiculously expensive. They charged $25 per person and the food honestly wasn’t worth a dollar per person. We all left hungry and irritable, and I can tell you none of us will be returning. I would recommend you avoid it as well. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers