Monday, July 30, 2012

This Ain't the President's House...

White House Restaurant
4 West Camden Avenue
Moorestown, NJ 08057

A few months ago I had to go out to a client in Moorestown for the day with a group of coworkers to count their inventory. We spent the entire day out there, so we went out to lunch as a group and the partner that we were with picked up the tab. We went to a local spot called the White House Restaurant, and we began searching through the menu. The place is kind of a hybrid between a diner and mom and pop shop restaurant, and the locals in the area love it. The place is always jam packed, so be aware if you go to try it.

Once we sat down I was pretty impressed with the selection and the prices. I wound up ordering a chicken salad club with bacon on rye toast and French fries because it caught my eye.



The sandwich turned out to be great. I have a new obsession with rye bread, and I will order it almost any chance I can get. I use it all the time at home as well now. This rye was particularly fresh, and the chicken salad was quite delicious as well. While I prefer a more rustic style of chicken salad, large chunks of shredded chicken as opposed to minced chicken, their form was still very good. You could taste the chicken without it being overpowered by the mayo, and the tiny bits of celery added a nice bit of crunch as well. The fries were very crispy, and they were pillowy and light on the inside.



I would definitely make a trip back to White House if I was in the Moorestown area. The prices are phenomenal, and the food was pretty fantastic as well. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers