Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chocolate Heaven...

Max Brenner, Chocolate by the Bald Man
1500 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102

After our manly day of fun and meeting up with the ladies for the light show, everyone wanted to get some dessert, so we headed over to Max Brenner, Chocolate by the Bald Man and tried to get a table to enjoy some dessert and coffee. I had loosened up some room while walking around the city, so I was pretty excited to try the raved about chocolate creations that Max Brenner provides. 



I couldn’t believe how long the wait was for us to sit down at the time that we were there. It was late, around 9 o'clockish, and there was still a 45 minute wait to be seated. When we finally sat down, I was pretty impressed with the menu. I hope to go there one day for a full meal because the menu looked pretty fantastic. We were only there for dessert however, and we all got quite a different array of items. I ordered the cookieshake, an Oreo milkshake with white chocolate cream, my girlfriend ordered the melting marshmallow hot chocolate, and my uncle ordered the chocolate fondue for the table which came with milk and dark chocolate and a toffee dipping sauce. 



My cookieshake was pretty spectacular. It was super cool because the straw was metal. It kept the shake nice and cold all the way from the glass into your mouth. I would definitely order that shake again because it was quite delectable. The marshmallow hot chocolate was very good as well. I can’t say that it was incredibly different from most other hot chocolates, and I am still partial to WaWa’s but it was pretty good nonetheless.



The real star of the dessert round was the chocolate fondue. I loved both the milk and dark chocolate dipping sauces, but the best in my opinion was the toffee sauce. I dipped bananas in it, strawberries, and flame kissed marshmallows. Of course I dipped all those goodies into both chocolate dipping sauces as well. They were incredibly sweet, but not overpowering; the perfect consistency that a chocolate fondue should have.

Max Brenner was a pretty cool place to eat dessert. I can’t wait to go back for a full meal. You should give it a chance if you can next time you are in the Philly area and let me know what you think. Cheers!

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers