Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hoagie Land...

Primo’s Hoagies
826 Haddonfield Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

I’m not really sure why it occurred to me at the time, but the last time that I went to Primo’s for a hoagie, I realized I had never reviewed it. I have probably been there 5 or 6 times at least since I started working in Cherry Hill because it has come into our circle of places to go out to lunch to when we do our weekly lunch. This time was a celebratory last lunch together, because two of our coworkers were leaving the firm to pursue other opportunities.

This particular time I ordered the Crusher. The crusher is packed full of Thumann’s cracked pepper turkey, cooper sharp American cheese and it was topped with lettuce, onions and pepper shooters. It really was a flavorful and filling sandwich. There was nothing I didn’t like about the ingredients on it, and the pepper shooters really set it over the top. Pepper shooters are semi-spicy cherry peppers stuffed with prosciutto and provolone cheese and then soaked in a brine of some sort. They really add a bit of texture and tons of flavor to each and every bite of the sandwich. You can really taste the quality in the lunch meats and cheeses that are in this sandwich. The tang of the cheese and the peppery nature of the turkey are a pretty fantastic combination.



The thing I love most about Primo’s is the selection of hoagies that they have available. While I think their prices are a bit steep, I feel that they are worth it because of the filling nature of the sandwich. Don’t get me wrong, it isn’t the best hoagie in the world, but it is pretty damn tasty and the amount of options they offer really make them stand out to other places. If you haven’t ever been you should give it a try and let me know what you think. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers