Monday, April 22, 2013

Beach Bar Beauty...



Sandbar
30 Engleside Avenue
Beach Haven, NJ 08008

This summer my brother worked at the Engleside Inn. What I didn’t know before he worked there this summer, was that they have an outside pool bar called the Sandbar. Now that I know that it is there, I have been spending much more time over there. I hate the Sea Shell (for food that is) as my readers very well know, so to find another beach bar so close by was really a treat for me. It was even more of a treat after I went there and really enjoyed the experience.

I went to Sandbar a few times over the course of this past summer, and most of my experiences were great. Some of the female servers that they have either don’t care about their jobs, or simply don’t know how to waitress, but they are disinterested, and don’t know how to interact properly with customers. That being said, the drinks at Sandbar are always delicious and the food is pretty solid too.



On this particular visit, I went with my cousin and his wife and we had one of the waitresses that wasn’t particularly good at her job. However, we ordered some drinks and some food and had a great time nonetheless. We ordered some fiesta fries for the table, and I ordered myself a Cajun mahi sandwich. 



My brother had told me that the Cajun mahi sandwich is one of the best if not the best thing on the menu. I took his word for it, and I was glad I did because it was really delicious. The fish had the perfect amount of Cajun seasoning on it so it was a little bit spicy, but it wasn’t completely overpowered by the seasoning. I added the red onion and lettuce to my sandwich. I obviously left the tomato off because of my weird thing about not liking them on sandwiches, even though I like them everywhere else.The sandwich tasted fresh and delicious, exactly as a fish sandwich cooked feet from the beach should taste. It was definitely a winner.

The fries were clearly out of a bag, but the cheese sauce that they were topped with and the sliced pickled jalapenos were just the right ingredients to kick them up a little bit. I really enjoyed the fries to go along with my sandwich.

Two solid pints for the Sandbar. The Sandbar is a really cool casual spot to grab a bite to eat and some drinks near the beach. The food isn’t going to blow you away, but it is pretty solid bar food for a pretty decent price. The drinks are the real star of the show, so if you are looking for a good time in LBI near the beach, head to Sandbar sometime soon. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers