Monday, June 17, 2013

Fall is in the Air...



Midtown Village Fall Festival

When my girlfriend's sister came to visit this fall, we decided to go to the Midtown Village Fall Festival to see what it was all about. She was visiting on her fall break from college, and we walked around starting around 12pm. We took in all the vendors up and down the different streets that were blocked off. There were restaurants serving food, shops displaying their products for sale, live bands, beer trucks, and tons and tons of people. I wanted to scope out all the food choices first before deciding what I wanted. There were some awesome choices available, so my girlfriend and I decided to split a couple things.





The first thing that had caught her eye was a truffled grilled cheese being offered by Jamonera, a fairly new Spanish tapas bar that replaced Bindi. We had high hopes for it based off of the description, but the truffled grilled cheese was a disappointment. It didn’t have very much cheese on it, and the bread wasn’t anything special. I definitely still intend to have a meal at Jamonera in the future because I have heard some great things about it, and I don’t think the grilled cheese was indicative of what they have to offer.





Since we were both really hungry after the grilled cheese was finished, we walked around a bit more until we found something that sounded delicious to both of us. We walked up to the tent in front of a place called Jake's Sandwich Board and ordered ourselves a 50/50 to share. Jake's won best sandwich in Philly magazine for their roast pork, so you know their sandwiches are killer. The 50/50 was a sandwich with roast pork, crispy bacon, sharp provolone cheese, and sriracha mayo sauce. This sandwich was absolute heaven. The bacon was extra crunchy, the cheese was incredibly sharp, and the spiciness of the sriracha brought a whirlwind of flavor to each and every bite. We also tried some chocolate covered bacon from Jake's. My friends know from our last Christmas party that I will dip anything and everything into chocolate as I did at the Christmas party in the chocolate fountain. The chocolate covered bacon was pretty good, but I think it had a bit too much chocolate on it. If the chocolate shell had been a little thinner I think it would have been amazing. 





The Midtown Village Fall Festival was a pretty awesome time. They had an amazing band playing for hours that was like a mix between a soul group and a jam band. There was something for everyone at the festival and I think it’s a really cool place to hangout. Be on the lookout for more festivals in Philly all year round! Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers