Monday, July 22, 2013

South Street Dining...



South Street Diner
140 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147

My girlfriend and I wanted to go out and grab some breakfast one Saturday morning, and we had planned on going over to Silk City Diner in Northern Liberties based on the recommendations from one of my friends from Elon. However, my schedule got messed up, and since Silk City didn’t open until 10, we had to change locations. Instead we headed to the South Street Diner to grab some food.


I didn’t even know that this place existed. I haven’t ventured too far down on South Street since my girlfriend moved there, but now that I know it is there I know I have a place to grab some good diner food right nearby. We were one of the very few people in there at 9 am on a Saturday, so we were seated right away. The waitress brought us over some coffee and we ordered right away. I ordered the Fighting Irish Omelet and my girlfriend ordered the LeGrand Benedict. 



The food came out pretty quickly, and we dug in with gusto. My omelet came with corned beef, Swiss cheese, onions, and home fries. The omelet was tasty, but nothing out of this world. The corned beef was good, as were the eggs, cheese and onions, but there just wasn’t anything spectacular about it. It was a typical diner omelet, executed very well.



My girlfriend's eggs Benedict were good as well, but again nothing out of this world. Solid food and good execution, but nothing to make it really stand out. The hollandaise could have been a bit richer in my opinion, and the English muffin could have been a bit crunchier, but overall it was pretty good.



Two pints for the South Street Diner. It is definitely a solid choice in terms of diner fare. They do your traditional diner food and they do it pretty well, but again nothing out of this world. Cheap food done well is always a hit in my book, so I will definitely be back. Go ahead and try it and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers