Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Change is Good...



Mick's All American Pub
62 West Main Street
Mt. Joy, PA 17552

I went out to Lancaster again for fieldwork at a client I have been going to for the past three years, and we hit most of our delicious usual spots. We went to Hadyn Zugs, the Greenfield Inn, and this time to a place that looked oddly familiar, yet I didn’t really recognize it. That’s because it was an Italian restaurant that was delicious the year before, and this time around it was an all American sports bar call Mick's. I was excited to see if they had the same type of chops in the kitchen that I had experienced during former visits.



I was trying to eat healthier during that tax season than the previous ones, but when I saw that they had a burger on the menu that had jalapenos and pepperjack cheese on it, I was sucked right in. I ordered it and a blackberry iced tea and sat and talked to the rest of the crew that we were with. The food came out momentarily, and I knew I had made the right choice. 



The tea was super tasty. I don’t usually like flavored teas all that much, but this one had the perfect amount of citrus from the berries, and it wasn’t overly sweet, so it actually balanced out really well. The burger, oh my, the burger. It was amazingly delicious. The burger itself was cooked perfectly, the bun held up the toppings and the juiciness of the burger really well, the peppers were an inferno of flavor, and the ketchup and mustard I added to it put the icing on the proverbial cake so to speak. Each bite was perfectly balanced, and I was in burger heaven the whole time. The fries that they served were rustic, with the skins still on them, clearly cut in house, and twice fried because they were super crispy and warm and fluffy on the inside. 



Two and a half pints for Mick's All American Pub. The food was delicious, the service was friendly and attentive and the blackberry tea really knocked me for a loop. I really enjoyed our experience there, and I think anyone in the Lancaster area looking for a good time, and some quick good food would do well to try it out. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers