Saturday, February 1, 2014

Steak Disappointment...



Flemings
500 Route 73 North
Marlton, NJ 08053

When we want to go out for steaks somewhere around home, we usually go to our go to spot, the Library II. Every once in a while someone wants to do something a little different, so this time we changed it up a bit and headed over to Flemings in Marlton. I had never been there so I was looking forward to trying it to see how they matched up to the Library.

From the moment we sat down, I knew our service was going to be great. If you ever go to Flemings, ask for Adam to be your server. He will hook it up. He really knows his stuff, and having had him twice now, I can tell you he is one of the best servers I have ever had. That being said, I ordered up a modern Caesar salad, a Newport filet, and I sipped my Stella Artois as we waited for our food to come out. 



I had really high hopes for the food, but I wasn’t sure how it would compare to the best steak place I know. The salad came out and it was pretty on point. They call it a modern Caesar because it was topped with crispy prosciutto. The Caesar dressing was hella lemony, which I loved. So we started off pretty nicely. The steak came up pretty quickly thereafter, and I dug in immediately.



They called it a Newport filet, because it was smaller than a traditional filet they serve by a couple ounces. The steak was ok, but to me it lacked seasoning and a crust. It was a little over cooked as well, so it was disappointing for me. For the price that they were charging, I was expecting a bit better execution on their end. 

One and a half pints for Flemings… mostly because of the service. The food was very underwhelming, and the prices are a little bit ridiculous. It is in Marlton, NJ not Philadelphia, PA. If you are going to charge prices like that, your food better be flawless. Places like the Chophouse can charge prices like that because their food is flawless every time. There are definitely better steak options in the area, including the Chophouse and the Library II, so avoid Flemings when you want to grab a nice steak. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers