Monday, October 27, 2014

Beer Game is Tight...



Misconduct Tavern
1511 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102

A buddy of mine asked me if I wanted to meet up for some drinks one Friday evening, and my fiancé and I decided it would be a good time to eat at a place we both enjoy very much. That place was Misconduct Tavern. I hadn’t been since they renovated the place to almost double it in size, and I have to say it was pretty impressive. The new layout was awesome, even though the tables by the front were pretty chilly because of the drafty windows. They open the windows during the summer, but something wasn’t right with how they closed because it was cold sitting next to them. Another table actually opened up, so we moved further away and settled in with our beers and ordered some grub.



I was torn when I went to order because I knew that the burgers were good, but I had also heard great things about the mac and cheeses that they offer. I hadn’t had a burger in a long time, so that eventually won out. I ordered a burger with pepper jack cheese, smoked bacon and grilled long hot peppers. I love the beer selection at Misconduct. They keep their beer game pretty tight with all kinds of craft selections to choose from on draft as well as in the bottle, and now that they have much more space, they have corrected the one problem I had with them previously! 



The burger was spot on as I expected it to be. It had a great char to it. The challah bun was fantastic. It held up really well to the juiciness of the burger. Any burger can suck me in with a good slice of crispy bacon and a thick slab of pepperjack cheese. That flavor combination just speaks to me and my tastes. My fiance's pork sandwich however, wasn’t nearly as good as the burger I ordered. It was a little sloppily prepared and the flavor just wasn’t as good as I had hoped it would be. As always though, their fries are delicious. They are always hot and crispy, like larger version of Belgian frites.

Three pints for Misconduct Tavern. I really enjoy hanging out here and having a few drinks with friends. The food is great and the beer selection is even better. It is by far one of my favorite bars in the city to hang out at and one where the food and beer selection actually matches up. Usually one is good or the other, but here, they are both great. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers