Monday, December 15, 2014

Drunken Munchies...



Steaks on South
308 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147

Since I was pretty drunk leaving the bar after the Olympic hockey game, one slice of pizza simply didn’t do the trick, so I walked across the street to Steaks on South to grab a cheesesteak. I wanted to see how it measured up to some of the other big guns on South Street. I was very disappointed to hear from the griddle man that they didn't have any onions to put on the cheesesteaks. How could that be? He said they were coming, but I wasn't going to wait around.



I got a steak with wiz, and it was actually pretty tasty. The steak to bread ratio was pretty good, as was the roll. I added ketchup and pickled jalapeños as well as I usually do, and they added the perfect acidic and spicy touches to it. It was a pretty filling steak, so I really enjoyed that aspect of it.

Two and a half pints for Steaks on South. I really just couldn't overlook the lack of onions. To me, its not a Philly cheesesteak without onions. It really boggled my mind. It's definitely a solid cheesesteak option on South Street, and you wont have to wait in the long lines of Genos, Pats or Jims. Its definitely worth a visit, so give it a shot and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers