Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Bigger isnt Always Better....



Lorenzo & Sons
305 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147

I woke up early for the USA/Russia hockey game during the Olympics and began drinking with a few friends at a bar near my house. After the game and ensuing celebration was over, I needed to put some food in my belly to soak up all the booze. I hadn’t tried Lorenzo and Sons Pizza yet since they had reopened, so I figured it was a good time to give it a shot. 



There was no line which was nice, and my slice was ready in mere minutes. But they didn't ask if I wanted it to go or stay, and wound up giving it to me to eat in, so I did just that. The slice is huge!



One pint for Lorenzo and Sons Pizza. I don't really know what all the fuss is about. I guess it's more the fact that it's a Philly landmark, the hours of operation and the sheer size of the slices than the actual quality of the pizza. The crust was nice, but the cheese to sauce ratio wasn't very good. There was far too much cheese and not enough sauce. It was good to try it, but I certainly wouldn't wait in line for it. The line can be ridiculously long sometimes. As I said its worth a try just for history sakes and to say you have had it, but its not really somewhere I will find myself going very often. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers