Monday, November 3, 2014

Beers and Fries but Thats About It...



Eulogy Belgian Tavern
136 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106

I was doing some looking around for beers on a popular website in the area called Philly Tap Finder. While I was searching through, I happened upon a restaurant that had a delicious beer that is extremely rare and that my cousin has been searching for, for the past two years. He was so determined to have it, that we met up in the city on a Wednesday night and had a few together at Eulogy Belgian Tavern. 



My fiancé and I arrived about an hour before he did so that we could grab some dinner. I had been to Eulogy a few times before, but only for drinks. They have an absolutely amazing beer selection to choose from, so it’s a great place to hang out, and obviously extremely popular. We love one of the other Belgian places in the city, Monk's, so we were looking forward to seeing how the food measured up. Unfortunately for us, it didn’t work out how we would have hoped. As good as the beer selection is, the food simply missed the mark for us. With the exception of the fries, which I thought were great, everything else was really subpar. The burger than I ordered to be medium came out way past well done. It was basically a hockey puck with no juice left in it. The mussels we ordered were cooked well, but the broth they were served in tasted like the wine hadn't been cooked down at all. It was harsh to taste, and extremely unappetizing. I loved the dipping sauces served with the fries as well. They were banging. 





2 pints for Eulogy, all based pretty much on the beer selection. Maybe it was an off night, but it was a pretty poor showing for the food. I would go back and just drink beers and eat the fries though. That would be tasty. Check it out for beers, but there are plenty of other food options around there more worth your time! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers