Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Steakhouse Flair...



Butcher and Singer
1500 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102

My fiancé and I had precana a while back so that we could get married in the Catholic church, so we were booked up on Friday and Saturday evening. We decided to hit Butcher and Singer for restaurant week on Thursday instead, so after work, we both headed over. We were early for our reservation, so we posted up at the bar and ordered a few cocktails. The rep from Glenlevit scotch happened to be sitting there, and he convinced us to try his product, and I am very glad he did. The 15 year I had on the rocks was fantastic. It was very smooth. 





The restaurant week menu was obviously a bit limited, but overall I thought it had some great options on it. The ambiance and the decoration is amazing. The hostesses weren't great. They didn't come to check on us and make sure our party was there when it was time for us to be seated like they did for others waiting at the bar. So I had to walk over and check with them about 15 minutes after our reservation time to see what was going on.




After that the rest of the evening was pretty flawless. The restaurant week menu was limited, but everything was still expertly prepared. The oysters Rockefeller and the potato leek soup were both delicious. It was my first experience with oysters Rockefeller, and I really enjoyed it. The crust formed on top was a really nice contrast to the texture of the oyster. The soup was silky and creamy, and the seasoning was spot on. 





I loved the sear on my filet. The crust was exactly what I look for in my steaks. The salt and pepper had been charred enough to create a crispy exterior that sealed in all the flavor and juices of the steak. The salmon was also perfectly cooked and seasoned. The fennel salad it was served with was a nice bit of freshness added to the dish.

The sides that we got were also very nicely prepared. We ordered the mashed potatoes and the green beans almondine.  The mashed potatoes were rich and creamy and the green beans still had a nice snap to them when I bit into them. I loved the sauce and slices of almonds covering them as well. 




Dessert might have even been the best course. The chocolate and caramel tart and the bread pudding were flawless. The chocolate and caramel tart had a really nice chocolate flavor without being too sweet, and the crust of it was light and flaky. The bread pudding was super light, possibly the lightest bread pudding I have ever had. It still had that traditional custardy richness to it though, so it was really a delicious dish.

Three and a half pints for Butcher and Singer. The atmosphere is amazing and the decoration inside the restaurant matches the theme perfectly. Butcher and Singer is definitely the best steakhouse I have been to in Philadelphia. I want to go back sometime soon to have the Delmonico steak with a side of stuffed hash browns and the baked Alaska for dessert. I have had many people raving to me about these items, so hopefully I can go back soon and try them out! Check it out and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers