Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Yes I Eat at Chain Restaurants Too...



California Pizza Kitchen
470 Mall Boulevard
King of Prussia, PA 19406
www.cpk.com/

My fiancé and I grabbed some lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen in the King of Prussia mall one weekend while we were in between places where we were registering for wedding gifts. I hadn't been to CPK in a really long time, so when I looked at the menu, I found some surprises. They definitely had a lot of new offering since the last time I was there, and they had a few gluten free and whole wheat choices for those trying to eat healthy or those who have allergies, which is always nice to see. We decided on splitting the habanero carnitas whole wheat pizza and the roasted veggie salad.



Both were very tasty. I loved the heat from the habanero sauce, and definitely appreciated that it was on the side instead of all over the pizza so it could be added to taste. It was a little too much heat for my fiancé, but she did say that she found it to be good flavor anyway. The carnitas were very tender and flavorful. I also enjoyed the whole wheat crust, but I do wish it had a bit more crunch to it.



The salad was really filling and full of tasty options. Artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, asparagus, eggplant, avocado and peppers all came together nicely in a light dressing. I tend to like my salads with as many different kinds of vegetables as possible. The service was very good as well. Be careful if you are trying to eat healthy though. There are lots of calories hidden in their menu.



California Pizza Kitchen is worth of two pints. While I am a much bigger fan of non-chain restaurants, this is definitely one of my favorite chain places. The pizza varieties are interesting and tasty, as are the salad choices. It’s a great place to grab a bit when you are on the go. Check it out if you haven’t already! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers