Thursday, January 29, 2015

Sometimes You Just Need A Sandwich...



Paesanos II
1017 South 9th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147

I didn’t have plans on a Saturday afternoon and I needed something to do for lunch. I lived within walking distance of the Italian market, so I swung by Paesanos II because I was craving a sandwich. The storefront itself was small, but the menu options were unique and fun. It was packed when I walked in, but the sandwiches seemed to be coming up pretty quick.

I had a tough time choosing what to order, but I finally ordered the arista, a sandwich stuffed with roasted suckling pig, sharp provolone, sautéed broccoli rabe and grilled long hots. 



I loved the size of the sandwich. It wasn't overly humongous like some places sandwiches are, but it was packed to the gills with its filling. The flavor was awesome. The shredded pork was mondo flavorful and the sharpness of the cheese was amazing. I love any sandwich with some long hots on it, so it was pure bliss for me. The key to the sandwich was the bread. It had a crusty exterior and sesame seeds along the outside and the bread held the sandwich together perfectly. With pork sandwiches, the bread can make all of the difference because of the amount of juice associated with the pork.

Three and a half pints for Paesanos II. I loved the sandwich I got this time around and there were a ton of others that caught my eye while I was trying to order. The place is definitely worth a revisit. I'll definitely be checking out the rest of the menu! Let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers