Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pies of All Sizes...



Santucci’s
901 South 10th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147

My fiancé has to work on Saturdays, so one day while she was working and I was home, I decided to go for a walk and grabbed a personal pizza to go with from Santucci's on 10th and Christian. I love square pies, so I wanted to check it out for myself. I walked over on a beautiful day and ordered a personal pie with long hots and sausage. It was ready in about 10 minutes and I walked it back home.



When I got it home, it was still warm, which is always a plus in the takeout pizza realm. I really enjoyed the pizza. Their style of pizza is a little bit different in that they put the sauce on top of the cheese and toppings Nice and crisp crust, not too heavy. The crust is really the standout star. In a world where thin crust is what people expect, I date them not to like the thick crust here. I was able to eat the pizza with ease and not feel sick to my stomach afterwards, which is a lot more than I can say about most places. I loved the cheese to sauce ratio and even loved that the sauce was on top of the cheese. The additions of sausage and long hots simply kicked it up to another level for me.





Three and half pints for Santuccis. I thoroughly enjoyed the pizza in all aspects of it. The crust was great, delicate but a perfect amount of crunch and chew. The sauce and cheese were a perfect pairing, and the sausage and long hot combo was pretty spot on. I would go back in a heartbeat. It is definitely worth a trip to check out the pizza, and if the other items on the menu are half as good as the pizza was, I would devour them as well. It was really tasty. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers