Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Brewery for the Ages

Iron Hill Brewery
124 East Kings Highway
Maple Shade, NJ 08052


My office offers a mentor program for new hires, in which each mentor and mentee get to go out to lunch together with another mentor-mentee pair to discuss work concerns and issues each quarter of the year. This quarter my mentor decided to take me out to Iron Hill Brewery in Maple Shade, and I was glad that it was his choice.

I have been to Iron Hill a few times before, and I have enjoyed it every time that I have gone. I hate going without being able to indulge in their amazing microbrews, but their food is still very good without it. One of my favorite things on their menu is the cheesesteak eggrolls, so I talked them up to the other people that I went to lunch with, and we wound up getting an order of them for our table. I also ordered the crabcake sandwich.



The cheesesteak eggrolls were as good as ever. Fiercely crunchy on the outside and piping hot on the inside, the meat and cheese combination that is packed into these huge eggrolls is unbelievable. You all know I am a cheesesteak fanatic, so finding it in a deep fried shell is about as close to heaven as I can get. The horseradish sauce served on the side is creamy and full of bite, exactly the way a horseradish sauce should be.

The crabcake sandwich that I got was very scrumptious as well. There was a nice crunch to the crabcake that separated its texture from the doughy bread. The crabcake was full of sea flavor, and tasted exactly how I like crabcakes to taste, and the tartar sauce that was served with it only enhanced its flavor. The fries were quite good as well. Fries are usually pretty hard to mess up, and Iron Hill did a pretty good job with them, making them crunchy, salty, and delicious.

I love breweries, brew pubs, and any place that serves good beer, but when a place known for beer serves great food, they are sitting on a winning lottery ticket. Iron Hill is a great place to go with any group of people at any time, for any occasion. If you haven’t been there yet I suggest you get out there for a great meal and some great beer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers