Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Don't Miss This One Laddies


Dublin Square

482 Evesham Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003

So I got home from Lancaster and I was pretty relieved and happy to be back home. As much as I love eating out, I had been doing it for four days straight and I really needed a break because it just gets to be a little tough on me. However, I had forgotten that I had made plans with my cousins, girlfriend, and best friend to go to an Irish bar called Dublin Square on Friday night. I had a great time, so my break from going out to eat being postponed did not really upset me too much.

One side of my family is Irish in heritage, and I have always wanted to go to Ireland to see what it is like because I really think that I would enjoy it. I love going to Irish pubs, and the traditional Irish fare has always caught my eye. We had a few beers while we waited to be seated, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Yuengling lager was the cheapest beer on the menu. When we got called to sit down, I had a really tough time choosing what I wanted to eat. Everything sounded so very good, but I wound up choosing the black and tan battered fish and chips. For the table we also ordered Irish quesadillas and the spicy potatoes.

The only true complaint I had about Dublin Square was that the noise level was pretty bad. We had seven people at our table and I really could not hear the people at the other end unless they spoke up. Once the appetizers came to the table, we were all pleasantly surprised. They were both very good, and they made me very excited for my main course.

The Irish quesadilla was incredible! It was a traditional quesadilla in looks, but it was far from it in taste. The quesadilla was filled with a white, sharp Irish cheddar cheese and crispy bacon. It was like eating a breakfast sandwich on tortillas instead of bread!

The spicy potatoes we got because the waitress said that they were her favorite thing on the menu. The potatoes looked like they had been made with a melon baller, then tossed in spicy buffalo sauce and topped with crumbled blue cheese. As you know from reading this blog, I do not usually care for crumbled blue cheese, but this addition to the potatoes was incredible. It added a texture and creaminess to the potatoes that balanced well with the spiciness of the sauce.

I was really happy with the appetizers, but I was even happier with the entrees. My fish and chips were so well done! They serve it on wax paper that looks like newspaper, which I thought was a cool interpretation of the normal way it is plated. The batter was thick and crunchy, and the fish was still light and fresh. They served it with wonderful fries as well. I wish I had remembered to ask for malt vinegar to use with my fish and chips, but I used the tartar sauce that they served. I also tried my girlfriend’s shepherd’s pie and it was absolutely delicious. It was tender and flavorful, and the mashed potatoes that topped it were to die for.

I would go back to Dublin Square in a heartbeat. The bar scene was awesome because there was such a wide variety of age groups there, and the live band was pretty good. The food was very well done, way better than I expected it to be, and the beer prices are very reasonable. They have a few different locations, so if you can not get to the Cherry Hill location, try one of the other ones and let me know how it is! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers