Monday, September 17, 2012

I Would Have Rather Gambled Away My Money...


The Coffee Shop @ the ACH
Boston Ave and the Boardwalk
Atlantic City, NJ

My family and extended family all headed down to the ACH hotel in Atlantic City for my cousin and cousin-in-law’s birthdays. We stayed over on a Saturday night and we woke up around 10am for breakfast before we checked out and headed back home. There are a few different restaurants in the hotel to choose from. We decided to eat at the Coffee Shop. I wish we had chosen some place different after eating there, but we will get to that in a minute.



From the moment we sat down at our table, the service was complete crap. They had one woman serving in the dining room that we were sitting in, so it took way too long to take our order as well as way too long to get our food. I ordered a ham and cheese omelet with rye toast and hash browns. No one really ordered anything that should have taken very long to make, but it took forever to come out, and by the time it did, the food was lukewarm as if it had been sitting under the heat lamp for a long time. 



I can imagine the omelet would have been good had it been hot, but the cheese had started to re-solidify in the omelet, and the eggs and ham were downright cold. The hash browns weren’t very good either. They were cold and they weren’t even crispy on the outside. The only thing I really enjoyed was the rye bread. 



I would recommend eating at a different restaurant for breakfast if you stay over at the ACH in Atlantic City. The service will most likely be better, and the food will definitely be better. Avoid the Coffee Shop if you can help it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers