Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Philly Bar Food...


Philadelphia Bar and Restaurant
120 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106

My cousin had his wife’s birthday party at the Philadelphia Bar and Restaurant in Olde City a few months ago. It is a really cool place that doesn’t get overly crowded, and their beer offerings are pretty awesome. On this particular night, we arrived for a 3 hour window of dollar off drinks and appetizers. I was pretty excited for it, and wasn’t expecting the amount of food that came out. I enjoyed a couple Southern Tier Oak Aged Unearthlys and a few Sierra Nevada Celebration Ales while I hung out with my cousin, his wife, and their friends. I love Sierra Nevada beers, but especially their Celebration Ale. It tastes incredible on draft. Southern Tier has also become one of my favorite beer companies. Their PumKing is the best pumpkin beer anywhere, and this Unearthly was a really amazing IPA. I could drink it over and over again and never get tired of it.




They brought out plate after plate of food. They started with pigs in a blanket. I didn’t think they were all that great personally. My aunt makes them with cut up crescent rolls instead of puffed pastry or phyllo dough, and they taste much better. However, that didn’t stop me from eating quite a few. I dipped them in the horseradish mustard they served with it. After that they brought out the hummus, cucumber and pita. I really enjoyed the hummus. It tasted really fresh; it was super creamy and had the perfect texture.

Next up was the deep fried macaroni and cheese bites. They were absolutely amazing! They weren’t overly cheesy inside, and the breading on the outside was incredibly crunchy. I dipped them into the marinara sauce they were served with and enjoyed more than my fair share of them. After I was completely full, they decided to bring out the most delicious item of the night. They brought out the boneless chicken strips with house made buffalo sauce and blue cheese crumbles. It was absolutely fantastic! I couldn’t stop myself from eating many more than I should have. They had an intense kick from the garlicky buffalo sauce, but were mellowed out a bit by the tangy blue cheese.

I really would like to eat dinner at Philadelphia Bar and Restaurant after the appetizers I had there this past time. Their beer selection is awesome, so that is really the perfect storm of a restaurant for me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers