Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bull Riding Ballyhoo...



PBR Grill
1100 Pattison Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148

A while back, my girlfriend and I headed over to the newly opened Xfinity Live one night during the eastern conference quarterfinals to watch a Flyers vs. Penguins game with some of my friends. We headed over a little earlier than everyone else was planning on getting there, so we decided to grab a table in the PBR Grill and grab something to eat before a long night of drinking began. It was our first time to Xfinity Live, and we were pretty impressed with the place. Other than the fact that it was clearly too small for the massive crowds that had been filling it up since it opened, it was a really cool hangout spot.



The PBR grill was just one of the pretty cool options offered inside Xfinity. It’s a southwest grill themed restaurant with the wait staff and bartenders dressed in flannel and jeans and a huge mechanical bull in the middle of the restaurant. Patrons can ride the bull all night, and the wait staff even shows off by getting on the bull and doing tricks for the customers. 



My girlfriend and I ordered our meals, a carne asada burrito for me, and ribs for her, and we enjoyed a beer while we waited. I have to say we were quite impressed with the food when it finally came out. The ribs were absolutely outstanding. They were definitely some of the better ribs I have had in this area, and definitely some of the best I have had in quite some time. I know that’s a weird thing to say about a random bar in a newly opened Philadelphia spot, but they were delicious. I haven’t had all that much barbeque in the Philly area, so that opinion may change, but for now I stand by it. 



My carne asada burrito was excellent as well. It came packed in a tortilla stuffed with black beans, Spanish rice, pico de gayo, cheddar cheese and lettuce. It was extremely filling and warm, leaving me completely satisfied after completing it.

If you are looking for a good time and some good casual grub, then the PBR grill is exactly the place for you. Just be wary of the crowds. They seriously are insane, but its totally worth braving them for some of the cool bars they have inside. Give it a try during one of your favorite Philly sports games! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers