Monday, February 4, 2013

Hangover Haven...



Crystal Lake Diner
572 West Cuthbert Boulevard
Collingswood, NJ 08108

My cousin and his wife recently bought a house in Haddon Township, and they invited us to go with them and their friends to the Haddon Township pub crawl on a Saturday afternoon. We stayed over that night and the next morning we were all hung over. We decided to go get some food at the Crystal Lake Diner to try and ease our hangovers.

I hadn’t ever been to the Crystal Lake Diner before, but I had heard many good things about it. I love diner food, so I was pretty excited to try another diner in the diner haven that New Jersey is. I ordered 2 eggs over easy, with pork roll, extra crispy hash browns and rye toast. I sipped on some coffee as I waited for my food to come out, but that really didn’t help the hungover sensation I was feeling. Haha


 
When the food came out I was in heaven. Pork roll is one of my favorite things in the entire world, and breakfast is always a righteous meal in my book, so this was a home run. There was tons of pork roll and hash browns. The hash browns were nice and crispy as I had requested, and the pork roll was tender and delicious, with tons of flavor in each and every grease filled bite. The eggs were delicious as well, cooked perfectly over easy, leaving me sopping up the running egg yolks with my hash browns and rye toast. After devouring the entire plate, I realized I felt immensely better, and I basked in the deliciousness of the food that I just ate.



Crystal Lake Diner is definitely worthy of a solid three pint rating. Excellent execution, paired with sticking to what they are and not trying to do to much, makes this a fantastic diner classic. I want to go back to Crystal Lake Diner as soon as possible. The food was phenomenal, and I love diners. I know you will love it too, so get over there and try it! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers