Wednesday, February 27, 2013

You've Never Had Corn Kernels Like This...



Inka
947 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131

On the day that I was going to be leaving Miami, I had the pleasure of meeting one of my girlfriend’s cousins that I had never met before. We went out to lunch in downtown Miami at a Peruvian place called Inka. I was super excited about it because I enjoy Peruvian food very much. As soon as you are seated they drop off bowls full of these fried corn kernels that have been dusted in salt and some other spices. I would love to know how they make them without them popping like popcorn, because they are absolutely fantastic! I couldn’t stop eating them, and they just kept bring more!



Up next they brought out some chicken soup that they refer to as aguadito de pollo. It is a traditional Peruvian soup that is full of chicken, rice, potatoes, peas, and peppers. It was full of flavor, and had a really nice richness to it. I would definitely say miles ahead of its American counterpart, chicken noodle soup. 



After making my soup vanish rather quickly, my eyes widened when they brought out the churrasco steak that I had ordered. It was a piece of skirt steak, covered with some chimichurri sauce and accompanied by a pile of French fries. The steak was incredibly tender, and had tons of flavor on its own. The chimicurri only packed more flavor into every bite with each and every taste of garlic and cilantro that I got. 



Inka was a definitely hit in my book. It was definitely worthy of a three and a half pint rating. Really flavorful food, plus one of the most delicious snacks I have ever tasted were the keys to success here. Plus, Peruvian food always hits the right notes for me. I would go back for the corn kernels they serve alone. Definitely go when you are in Miami and give it a try! Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers