Thursday, November 7, 2013

Middle Eastern Failure...



Norma's Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine
145 Barclay Farms Shopping Center
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

There is a Mediterranean spot near my old office that I had been looking into for quite some time. They actually own two places right next door to each other, one being a dinner only restaurant, and the other opening for lunch and dinner. I went to the lunch place one day when I was on my own for lunch because my usual work lunch buddy was out at a client. Norma's Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine is a quaint little place with a little Arab grocery store attached to it. I grabbed one of the many open tables and perused the menu. I wound up ordering an iced mint tea and a kafta wrap, a wrap with charbroiled ground beef, parsley, onions, spices, tomatoes, and pickled turnips wrapped in pita bread.



The tea came out first, and it was slightly disappointing. The mint flavor wasn’t super strong, and I would have preferred it to be much stronger. It was kind of a bland drink, and I really just should have ordered water.

The wrap came out soon thereafter, and it was as disappointing as the tea. It was really small, and packed with way more filler than substance. The ground meat, what little there was, was overcooked and extremely dry. The spices were nonexistent. The Middle Eastern food I have come to know is packed with flavor, and this wrap was just plain as can be. I finished my meal because I was so hungry, but I left empty stomached and unsatisfied. 



One pint  for Norma's. Bland food and small portions is never a recipe for success in my book. The price point was good, and I went in to it with high hopes, but I was severely disappointed when I left. I love Middle Eastern food, but there has to be better places than this to grab some. Stay away for now. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers