Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Vegan Eats...



Blackbird Pizzeria
507 South 6th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147

Living around the corner from Blackbird Pizzeria, it was very difficult to ignore the smells that emanated from their exhaust system.  I made funny faces when my fiancé asked me to get dinner from there, but that was before I tasted any of their food. I never in a million years thought I would enjoy a restaurant catering to vegans, but I really dig this place. The vibe, the food, the service, everything is great. I have been here many times for pizza, and it's always delicious. I have heard the vegan wings are a revelation. But this time around, I stopped in for the vegan cheesesteak made with seitan.



The seitan was grilled and chopped up just like a cheesesteak, and flavored with peppers and onions and a healthy amount of vegan cheese whiz. The roll it was served on held up nicely to the huge amount of filling that was put inside of it. Honestly the flavor was fantastic. While it did not exactly remind me of a real cheesesteak, it definitely did fit the mold of a chicken cheesesteak. The flavor was great and all in all it was a homerun of a sandwich. Their fries are awesome too. They smell amazing and stay ridiculously warm, even when you walk them home in a paper bag. They are very crispy and fluffy and everything you want good french fries to be.

Three and a half pints for Blackbird Pizzeria. It’s a little bit hipster, but its funky in a cool way. I really began to enjoy it the more I visited and every time I ate something new, it made me like it that much more. I haven’t had a bad bite there yet. The vegan pizza is dope. This place is fantastic, and I dare anyone who claims they don't like vegan food to tell me the food here isn't great. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers