Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Disappointing Tacos...



Rocco’s Tacos
7468 West Sandlake Road
Orlando, FL 32819

My fiancé and her family headed out for dinner on a Satuday night to a place where some of my family had talked about for quite some time. Rocco's Tacos was really hyped up to me by my family before I arrived. Overall I thought it was decent, with the drinks being better than the food. The ambiance is great. Its extremely loud, so dont go there and try to have a dinner with lots of conversation. It was jammed when we went on a Saturday night. 




One tip I have after dining there is definitely stick to the margaritas on the rocks. I didnt really enjoy the frozen blood orange margarita I had, but I loved the strawberry basil margarita I had on the rocks. The amount of tequilas they had to choose from was mind-blowing. If you are a tequila fan, you would be in heaven here. We started with the tableside guacamole, which was awesome. It was great to watch it being made, and the flavor was really good. If it were up to me, it could have used a bit more heat, salt and lime, but it was really good nonetheless. The chips were seasoned and delicious as well.






I wouldnt call the food traditional Mexican, but more of a Tex-Mex feel. I dont know if I messed up or not, but the tacos I ordered didnt come on corn tortillas, and they really werent that great. I prefer my tacos to be more traditional. These came served with taco sauce, (really?) pico de gallo and lettuce. I usually just do cilantro and onions, but I actually liked the cotija cheese on these. They were just too busy for me. I did the mixed platter of carne molida, chorizo and cochinitas achiote. Again good, but not great, and definitely lacking in flavor. They definitely were lacking on basic seasoning. I did like the refried beans and the maduros we ordered. The plantains were sweet from their caramelization and salty from the cheese and crema. 









Two pints for Rocco's Tacos, mostly for the margaritas and the tequila selection. We all felt the same way. We found it pricey for what it was, and we all wished it was more authentic. Perhaps we ordered the wrong items. They do have a huge menu, so there was plenty more to try. I would definitely go back for on the rocks margaritas, tequila and guacamole. It's worth a visit, like I said maybe we miss ordered. Check it out and let me know what you think. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers