Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Thai Surprise...



Siamese Princess
36 Lancaster Avenue
Ardmore, PA 19003

Its been really difficult for me to find good Thai food in the Philadelphia area. I have been ruined since traveling to Thailand in 2012 because the food was simply incredible. I forgot my lunch one day at work, so I took a walk to grab some Thai takeout at a place near this place by my office. It was a pretty quick walk, and I headed out right after I ordered because they said it would be ready in 15 minutes and when I arrived it was. I took it back to the office and set it up immediately



I ordered the green curry that came with a side salad with peanut dressing and white rice. I dumped all of my rice into the container with the curry and immediately dug it. It was still piping hot, and it had a really nice amount of heat to it. It definitely had some traditional flavors for sure. Thai basil, coconut, chiles, carrots, onion, the balance of flavor was great. The rice soaked up a nice amount of the curry as well, leaving each and every bite flavorful and comforting. The side salad was definitely lack luster. The dressing was not my favorite. In fact, it was one of the worst peanut dressings I have ever had. It was very fatty and the flavor was pretty poor, I would have preferred not to have gotten it at all.

Three pints for Siamese Princess. I will definitely be back to fill my Thai cravings. This is the best I have found yet in the area, and it's definitely affordable and worth the visit. Check it out and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers