Monday, September 21, 2015

Smoky Treats...

Four Rivers Smokehouse
1600 West Fairbanks Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789

I found this place while looking for BBQ restaurants near my family's vacation home in Orlando, and I am super pumped I did. It's not exactly right around the corner from us, but it was worth the drive. It's an awesome setup from the moment you walk up. They have a big outdoor seating area with picnic tables and paper towels on the tables. When you walk in the front door, you see a buffet line and you order your meats by the 1/4 lb. place your order at the front, walk down the line to pick your sides, pay at the end of the line. One thing that wasn't cool was that there was no beer, but the food is good enough that it didn't matter all that much.



One thing really special about this place was the craft soda wall. They had an outstanding amount of choices to choose from in all kinds of flavors. I actually chose a cream soda made by Sprecher Brewing Company, someone I've actually had beer from in the past. It was absolutely fantastic. I am a sucker for cream soda, and this version was perfect. My fiancé had a ginger lime soda that was amazing.

As for the food, I ordered burnt ends because I almost never see them on the menu, and they were really not good, or what I was expecting for that matter. All burnt ends I have had before are chunks of brisket, but this was shredded and so overly smoked, I was really let down.

That was the only issue I had though with any of the food. It was a bad one, but everything else was so good, it really made up for it. I tried the ribs and the pulled pork and they were spectacular. Every single side was on point from the Mac and cheese to the smoked bacon wrapped jalapeños. I could have eaten an entire tray of the smoked bacon wrapped jalapenos. They had plenty of heat to them, tons of smoke and were just plain tasty. Even the biscuits were spot on. 



For dessert we had this brownie that had all kinds of ingredients and toppings to it. It had caramel, and toffee bits, and peanut butter bits, it was incredibly rich, but it was perfect for us to cut into 6 pieces and share between all of us.

Three and a half pints for Four Rivers Smokehouse. If it wasnt for the burnt ends mishap, it could have been even better. I'll be coming back here time and time again when I visit Orlando, I just wont be ordering the burnt ends. This place is amazing other than that. Check it out and let me know what you think! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers