Monday, October 17, 2011

Another Fine Italian Restaurant in Puerto Rico

Il Postino
1104 Magdalena Avenida
San Juan Puerto Rico, 00908

Sorry again for no pictures on this one. I was really bad about carrying my phone with me to dinner because I knew no one was going to be calling me and I kind of wanted to shut myself off from everyone and everything relating to my life at home. 

On the final night of my nine day trip to Puerto Rico, I ventured out with my girlfriend’s family to a local Italian restaurant for dinner. I don’t remember being in the best of moods, but I can’t really remember why I wasn’t, so it must not have been that important. I wasn’t really looking forward to dinner as much as I usually was, but we ventured out and I made a decision about what to eat as soon as I got there. I saw that they offered a spicy sauced penne pasta with eggplant and chicken, so I immediately decided on that.
Il Postino offers indoor and outdoor seating. We sat outside, and it was a beautiful night, so we really lucked out. We ordered garlic knots for the table and we enjoyed them while we waited for our meals. They were buttery, garlicky, and piping hot. I really enjoyed them, and I enjoyed them even more when our main course came out and I could sop up the extra sauce with garlic knots. MMM!

I was so incredibly pleased with my pasta selection. I get aggravated when I go out and order a fra diavlo sauce or an arribiata sauce and it does not come out spicy when it is supposed to be. This sauce was just as spicy as advertised and I loved every second of it. My mouth was burning the whole time I was eating, but I didn’t care one bit. The pasta was cooked perfectly al dente, and the eggplant and chicken were phenomenal. The whole dish was cohesive and flavorful to the very last bite.

Il Postino is definitely worth a visit if you go to Puerto Rico. Not only do they do great pasta, but I have heard that their pizza is one of the best around. Give it a try if you want a hearty and delicious Italian meal in Puerto Rico. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I am a food lover living in Philadelphia.

Followers